So, a couple of months ago, I started a Tumblr. I did it mostly because I see neat things on Tumblr and I wanted a place to keep them -- hence the lack of announcement here, because it felt sort of private. But I also like reblogging and commenting on them, which makes me public, which means I might as well make it official! Voila:
It's the Brooklyn Arden Companionway ("a stairway on a ship that connects one deck to another," per Merriam-Webster) because I think of it as a companion and waystation to this blog much more than as my new deck. (I like longform writing too much and I have too much history here to commit to such a visual and new platform. Blogger Forever!*)
* This seems like a dangerous declaration in tech terms....
While I am talking Tumblr, you should also check out:
- Trent Reedy, author of the forthcoming kickass DIVIDED WE FALL
- Penbitten, by my dear friend and HP fan extraordinaire Melissa Anelli
- Scattershotsilly, by a wonderful former AALB intern
- Super_Christina, by Christina McTighe, another wonderful ex-intern (and now an awesome librarian-in-training)
- The excellent-in-all-media Cleolinda Jones.