Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Celebrity Silliness on a Serious Day

In honor of Britney's filing for divorce from the hapless Kevin Federline*, I present to you Go Fug Yourself, which has caused me no end of mirth since Rachel introduced me to it a few weeks ago. It combines the celebrity-dress hilarity/horror from the back pages of Us Weekly with the pointed wit and pop-culture acumen of my sweet Anthony Lane; these girls have the claws out, and these outfits deserve it. Enjoy!

+++

I cannot believe I just wrote that on the day of the midterm elections, when we as Americans may have done something enormous and important and taken the country back from the Worst President Ever and his equally appalling Congress. Ah well, consider it my small, frivolous, personal celebration of the downfall of Rick Santorum.

* Cliches Live Example #2,587: His middle name is really, truly, actually Earl!

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it's small, frivolous, or even really personal to celebrate the downfall of that man. Your smile makes part of that resounding cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High fives and breaking out the bottle of Veuve Clicquot...

    It was a good day!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the laughs of the fug site--those outfits definitely do not look like things put together by professional stylists, though they probably were. What WERE these pseudo-celebs thinking putting that stuff on and actually posing for pictures in them? Oh, my. (Best part of the site is the writing, though--funny stuff!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santorum was defiant to the end, stating he would not change a thing he did. I noticed there was not a single sign or poll worker at my polling station supporting Santorum. No one handed out buttons, pencils, stickers etc... I don't know about other states, but here the Republicans were over the top slimy in the past 24 months, and many were voted out Nov. 7. I voted a straight Democratic ticket for the first time in my life, as did numerous people I know.
    joelle
    life-long Republican, and no I didn't spontaneously combust when I clicked on that button in the poll booth, but i was worried...

    ReplyDelete