There are a number of words in the English language that just make my heart do a happy dance whenever they are used. Here are some of them:
- booty (the pirate kind, thank you)
- portmanteau words ending in -licious
So, because my birthday is approaching shortly and I'd like to spread the joy, I am holding a special contest using these words. These are the rules:
- Construct a sentence (or even a very short story) using as many of these words as possible.
- Post it in the comments.
- The reader who comes up with the best entry will receive a batch of my fabulous banana oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies. The first runner-up (assuming we have that many entries) will receive an excellent book. The second runner-up will get ten Swedish Fish, and all entrants will, in due course of time, receive postcards.
- This contest closes at midnight EST on September 22, 2005. Winners will be announced on September 29, 2005.
The fine print: This contest is open to all citizens of planet Earth who have an Internet connection, even relatives, Republicans, and George W. Bush. I am the sole judge of this contest and all decisions are final. (Flattery might get you somewhere, but only if it's clever.) Extra points may be awarded for the inclusion of pirates, Jane Austen references, or llamas -- but I put emphasis on the "may," and entries lacking these elements will not be penalized. Lisa, you can participate, but only when you're not working on EMILY EBERS. Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries. All contest entries remain the property of their creators. We at Brooklyn Arden thank you for your participation and wish you a pleasant stay here, or wherever your final destination may be.