Wednesday, December 24, 2014

2014 Editorial Year in Review

I published eleven books this year -- my most ever! I did not write about those titles here so much, however, because I was spending much of my time readying my 2015 books. (Such is publishing.) But I'm very proud of them all, and as always it was a pleasure to have such a wide-ranging list . . . to be able to turn from the proofs on Divided We Fall, say -- a YA novel about the start of the second American civil war -- to figuring out what piece of classic artwork would match a particular stage of our heroine's journey in I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed A Dreidel. (You'd have to see the book to get it.) So yay for my 2014 list!

Divided We Fall 
by Trent Reedy


Gold Medal Winter
by Donna Freitas


Amber House:  Neverwas
by Kelly Moore, Tucker Reed, and Larkin Reed


The Good-Pie Party
by Liz Garton Scanlon
illustrated by Kady Macdonald Denton


Curses and Smoke:  A Novel of Pompeii 
by Vicky Alvear Shecter


The Great Greene Heist
by Varian Johnson


Zoe's Jungle
by Bethanie Murguia


What's New? The Zoo! A Zippy History of Zoos
by Kathy Krull, illustrated by Marcellus Hall


If You're Reading This
by Trent Reedy



Finding Ruby Starling

by Karen Rivers


I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Dreidel
by Caryn Yacowitz, illustrated by David Slonim



No comments:

Post a Comment