Thursday, August 27, 2009

Announcing: Kidlit Drink Night and Race for the Cure

Hey there! Our next Kidlit Drink Night will be Monday, September 21, at the Houndstooth Pub at 520 8th Ave. (at 37th Street). (This is where we were for BEA, and we'll probably be in the downstairs room again.) Starting about 6 p.m., running as long as the chatter lasts. Agents, editors, librarians, writers, readers, all are welcome. Hope to see you there!

Also, if you'd like to be on an e-mail list for future Kidlit Drink Nights, we've finally gotten around to setting one up. Send a message to nyckidlitdrinks at gmail dot com, and we will let you know of all future events as soon as they're announced, with reminders on the day before or day of as well. My thanks to editor and former Scholastic colleague Greg Holch for this good idea.

And on a personal note: I will once again be participating in the New York Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, this year, I'm excited to say, in the company of my mom and my sister and James and other friends. We'll be walking in memory of my grandmother, Carol Sadler; the incredible and much-missed Jhumki Basu; and all the other women taken away from us too soon by breast cancer. If you'd like to donate to the cause, my page is here. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    I just found out I'll be working with you and Ms. Rimas at the WW SCBWI retreat. Yay! Till then, I will be writing, writing, writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are on vacation now, but wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the lemonade stand award for everything you've done here. (And a very belated thank you for speaking at last year's NJ SCBWI conference).

    ReplyDelete
  3. im toasting my virtual glass. I am on faculty at Midsouth and look forward to meeting you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete