Saturday, December 02, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas . . .

. . . but because my vacation isn't until the 23rd and I have masses of work, shopping, and socializing to do before then, I am going to recuse myself from the temptation of blogging and take a postbreak for most of this month. In the meantime, if you're in New York, I highly recommend the new production of "Company" on Broadway; if you like books and romantic comedies, I highly recommend "Stranger than Fiction"; if you're looking for great books to give as Christmas presents, I highly recommend the Fall 2007 Arthur A. Levine Books list; and if you're looking to waste time in a violent and/or holiday spirit, shake this snowglobe and listen to the screams.

Happy December!

6 comments:

  1. Happy, happy! Snowglobe is fantastic. Hope you find time to enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    The Levine Fall list gives me hope that winter in Montreal won't last forever...again.

    And the snowball...pure vicarious, destructive fun!

    alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas, Cheryl!

    Make toys! Play more!

    Marilyn.

    www.thetoymaker.com

    --
    Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They're never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal.

    ~ Lenore Hershe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Niece,

    Preston & I loved the snowglobe!

    I can only speculate upon the true motive of your month long sabbatical from your blog: master level croquet lessons! We'll never see the frog in the midwest again!!

    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stranger Than Fiction was an awesome movie. It was nice to see Will F. stretch his acting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the snowglobe, Cheryl! ("My laugh is an evil laugh...mwa ha ha ha!") Hope your holidays are just restful enough to party well. Happy Holidays...

    I'm dreaming of deathly hallows (not a white Christmas)...

    ReplyDelete