Catching up on my posts after a busy week:
- No time to carve a pumpkin? Try this.
- Love Snape? Hate him? Either way, you can construct your own life-sized version of him. And then you can have him recite a Pablo Neruda poem to you (thanks to the aforementioned Alan Rickman Sound Archive).
- After that you can take the Hogwarts Sorting Hat test based on Myers-Briggs Personality Typing to see if you're compatible with your new creation (I am not):
You are a RAVENCLAW!
As a Ravenclaw and as an NFP, you value imagination, ideas and intelligence. You are
probably somewhat of an individualist and avoid conforming just for its own sake. You are
insightful and perceptive, and since you are empathetic and value harmony, you usually try
to avoid conflict. Of course, you may enjoy participating in heated debates, but only as
long as they remain on an intellectual level and not a personal level. In general, you are
open-minded and curious, and set high standards for yourself.
- And after you've figured out where you belong at Hogwarts, you can discover what kind of punctuation mark will best embody your personality there. I was a quotation mark, rather to my surprise; I'm so easily distracted that I thought surely I'd be a semicolon, emdash, or parenthesis. But instead I'm a tool of irony! C'est la vie. (Both these excellent quizzes courtesy of the excellent Rebecca.)
- Where the Wild Things Are is about to become a movie directed by Spike Jonze.
- If you are fond of llamas, firstratekate had a lovely picture of one earlier this week.
- Can you trust Wikipedia?
- I recently downloaded this font that looks like Jane Austen's handwriting. No idea when I will use it, but it's terrifically cool just to have.
- And another great Halloween link to close: Halloween sound effects, including music clips from "Psycho."
Enjoy your All Hallows' Eve, everyone!