Friday, August 03, 2012

An Easy, Yummy, Low-Calorie Summer Dessert

I had somehow never heard of this before the July 2012 O, the Oprah Magazine, but boy, is it easy and delicious:

1.  Peel and cut a banana up into one- or two-inch chunks. (You'll want at least one banana for each of the people as you plan to serve, and maybe two for yourself.)

2. Put the chunks in the freezer for at least three hours.

3. Place the frozen banana in a food processor and process it until it's smooth, thick, and creamy.  (It will take several minutes.)

Voila! All-banana ice cream! You can mix in chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, nuts, frozen strawberries . . . I bet a little milk or vanilla yogurt would make it even creamier. And the article says this also works fabulously with mango.

3 comments:

  1. If you really like it, get a Yonanas machine. My agent got me one for my birthday. As a bonus, it's a really great way to get kids who don't eat enough fruit to eat more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I used to make this for my kids when they were little. Back then, they also thought an ice cream cone filled with applesauce was a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...that sounds amazing. Definitely have to try this. I love Ben and Jerry's banana flavored ice-cream (chunky monkey).

    ReplyDelete