Sunday, December 12, 2010

Video: Trent Reedy & I Discuss WORDS IN THE DUST

When I was in Boise, Idaho, in September for the Idaho SCBWI conference, author Trent Reedy drove over from Spokane to film a video for the Scholastic Librarian Preview Webcast, promoting his wonderful novel Words in the Dust.



During a break in our formal video shoot, Trent and I talked at a little more length and in a little more depth about the book, its backstory, how it was written and edited, his friendship with Katherine Paterson (who wrote a lovely introduction for the book), and sundry other topics. You can see that conversation in two parts here:



(Aren't those just the most attractive stills ever?) There will be more excitement with this book coming later this week; in the meantime, I hope you enjoy this glimpse of the most excellent Trent and the book, and our conversation.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Hoorah! And all sorts of jazz! I love this book, and it was so nice to watch the videos. And so sorry I missed drinks tonight! Will you be in the office at all next week? I may have a Christmas surprise to send your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing these interviews with Mr. Reedy. I read Khaled Hosseini's A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS, and it broke my heart to learn about the hardships endured by common Afghan people. As an illustrator, I burn through a LOT of audio books. Do you have an audio version planned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the blog since the first time do I saw it. Now they have reached another milestone which lead us to report about it, and I think it's a great new... as the content of the text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT, GREAT BOOK!

    ReplyDelete