Thursday, June 23, 2005

Cause for Celebration

Posting quickly here to brag that I ran the 3.5 miles of the Chase Corporate Challenge tonight in a Cheryl-record 34 minutes and 48 seconds. The Scholastic team had great It's Happy Bunny t-shirts that said on back, "I may be slow, but I'm in front of you," which inspired us all to run fast and mock the people behind us. Yay me! Yay Scholastic!

Also a fun link from Katy: http://www.chiasmus.com. I don't know about you, but I, personally, would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

And lastly I saw a preview for the new "Pride and Prejudice" movie starring Keira Knightley before "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" last night. It looks dark, brooding, and romantic rather than crisply sunny, funny, and sensible -- Jane Austen in Bronte clothing, basically -- but it comes out the weekend of my birthday, so do I care? No. I am going to go out for a fabulous dinner with my friends, drink lots of wine, and go see this movie.

Happy Summer!

2 comments:

  1. You get "Pride and Prejudice" for your birthday, I get "Land of the Dead" for mine, and we are both excited. Life works out well sometimes.
    I tried doing the clerk's job at Coliseum yesterday and pitched the Year of Secret Assignments to someone looking for something for a fifteen-year old girl "and *not* Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, please." Thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Thanks for the link! I'm all pumped now.

    Also, thanks for the rec on Gilead, which I read last week and very much enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete