It is time for one of my favorite events of every year -- the awesome BOOK SALE at my church, Park Slope United Methodist. There are two essential things every book-loving New Yorker can do with the sale:
1. DONATE YOUR OLD BOOKS
Now is the perfect time to clear space on your book shelves for all the treasures you're going to find at the sale. And aren't you ready to get rid of all those CDs you don't listen to anymore? We'll take 'em!
We welcome donations of books, CDs, DVDs, records & children's books. All items must be in good condition. We do not accept videos or tape cassettes, magazines, outdated textbooks or computer manuals, or any book that is moldy or falling apart. All donations are tax-deductible.
The church is located at 410 6th Avenue (at 8th Street) in Brooklyn, one block down and over from the 7th Avenue F stop. Donations will be accepted at the church on
- Monday, February 18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, February 21, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, February 22, noon to 3 p.m.
2. COME BUY MORE BOOKS!
The Book Sale is open:
- Friday, Feb. 22, 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Evening Preview Sale! $20 Admission
- Saturday, Feb. 23, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (free)
- Sunday, Feb. 24, 12:30 - 5 p.m. (free)